Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hmmm...What To Make?

I have probley mentioned before about my favourite little fabric shop in Mornington. It's an upholstery shop but they always have a little basket out the front full of goodies. I picked up all these samplers!! 
The quality of the fabrics are amazing and I love thinking up what I can use them for. I've made lots of bags, cushions and table runners from past finds.



  So my first make from this lot is a quilt/ playmat. This is a velour fabric and feels so beautifully soft I thought it would make the perfect little mat for a little bub to lie on. Probley a bit to heavy for a quilt, unless you live in the snow!!
This is the large back panel that is on all the packs which is really great as it gives me so many more options of what I can do with the fabric

 All lined up ready to sew.
 All sewed, now for putting it all together.
 Ok so I am extremely proud of how it turned out. I have never been able to even come close to binding a quilt so finally I have kinda worked it out. I don't know if this is cheating as I haven't actually put binding on it but have managed to neatly wrap and fold the fabric from the back around to the front.
 Also inside the layers is a thin doona so its extra soft and cozy.


 The back.

No comments:

Post a Comment