Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We Have Kittens.

On the 15th of November our cat Perdie (Perdita) had kittens!!
 It was so exciting. The timing was perfect although it was a very late night. She started to get very restless about 8pm and was going into my cupboard and following me around. When the kids had gone to sleep I thought I might try to cut some fabric out in my sewing room, well that wasn't going to happen.
 Perdie was rolling all over my lap and I gently massaged her tummy for about um... 3 hours! 
By then i knew she wasnt just extra cuddly so I got a spot ready under Stevies bed cause she has one of those IKEA beds that are a bunk but with nothing on the ground. And Stevie was sleeping in my bed that night. Anyway completley blabbering on, about midnight I was still rubbing her tummy and drifting off a bit when she got very restless and was meowing in pain and turning in circles. 
Yay our first kitten, did I mention it was my cat having babies, not me! I was very happy for her.
So the rest took a while with about 45 mins in between each one and I think she was so busy licking the one she just had she forgot to push. I tried not to interfer at all but she seemed to like me there and when I was getting a little worried that she wasnt going to push any more I just gently rubbed her tummy again and within a couple of minutes she had another one. So it went like that until about 3:30 am and I was glad there was no more. After all it was a school night.
 Cuddles.

 She had 4 beautiful kittens. So proud of my girl.


 The next day the kids were so happy to see them, and although one didnt make it the other 3 are doing so great and I feel so lucky we got to have this experience.


So it's 2 weeks on and they are just so cute. These photos are about a week old and they have all now opened their eyes and slowly wobbly walking. We have been trying to leave them alone as much as possible cause Perdie is very protective. So I havent got any decent photos but will try to post some more soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment