Friday, May 27, 2011

Weird Thing.

I'll let you in on a little personal post. No I am not pregnant but yes this is my stomach. About 10 weeks ago I felt my lower abdomen was really hard and felt like a golf ball was under the skin, and I was feeling sick having sharp pains so I went to the docs and he thought appendicitis. Turned out not to be but it is ovarian cyst, and a whopper at that.
 Over the last 10 weeks it has grown so quickly. When I had the scan 8 weeks ago it measured 15cm x 11cm x 10cm!! and that's the one on my left ovary. There is another one on my right ovary but it was only 4 x 4 x 4cm. 
Anyway I have met with my awesome surgeon and because now it's like a football and too big for key hole surgery so they will do a c- section.
So Mike is back the 13th June and I'm booked in for 15th June. A little scary but can't wait to get this thing out!!! Even after 3 kids I am lucky to have a flat tummy but this is what the cyst is doing to it now, it just feels wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment