Sunday, October 10, 2010

Babywearing.

I feel like i've been living under a rock. I've just stumbled across an entire network of Babywearers. The name says it all, it's mothers who go about their everyday life carrying their bub in a sling. Even older children at age 4 and up. I have no idea what the age limit is, guessing it would be how much you can carry. I had Stevie in a sling all the time when she was little and I have to say I loved it. When she was 2 days old (fresh out of hospital) we put her in the sling and walked to the main st and probley did some grocery shopping. I used it with Lochie but not as much, why i'm not sure. I haven't used one with Jimmy just because a friend of mine told me there was a program on about the use of slings leading to deaths. So i was scared off but all the ones here look very sensible.
I found all this at Marvelous Kiddo so I would recommend having a look at this amazing blog. Also lots of really positive parents sharing experiences and I found reading it all very uplifting.
Here's some examples of baby wearing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm so honored to be in your babywearing post! And I love everything you've said. Sensible and uplifting and just all around wonderful indeed. My little guy is almost 1 and so, if he'll have it, perhaps we have another couple years of this to go still, but it struck me today how fast he'll get big. So I'm going to keep snuggling him close while I can!

    p.s. Here's a great PDF about safe babywearing: http://www.granolababies.com/babywearing101.pdf

    ReplyDelete