Sunday, August 8, 2010

Decided out the blue to make a teepee in the backyard today. I will probley take a few weeks to finish it, kids are sick and i'm feeling a little run down and mike is on the seas on the other side of the country. I did speak to him today quickly and he sounds great, really missing us but loving work.
There has been a dead tree right in the back corner and is on the neighbours side but I figure as it is starting to push the fence over they wouldn't mind if i cut it down. So while Jimmy had a nap I cut half of it down and it's branches are so straight it's perfect for a teepee.
I'll need to find some kind a waterproof fabric or i can sew it so that I can just take it down when the weather is bad, lots of velcro maybe?
The floor in the photos is only temporary, not really sure what to do there. I'll have a think about it.


Stevie took this one, She made her own little fire in the sand pit with leftover branches, string, leaves and unripe lemons. So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment